Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not in the Know

Part of what makes a deployment so hard is the complete lack of information that a soldier...a special forces PJ....can tell his wife. I am insanely curious by nature. My mother always teased me about how curious i was from even before i could talk.  Perhaps part of that curiosity about the world and those around me has evolved into the desire to pursue journalism.

Bo and I get to talk fairly often but i want to know every detail, every nuance of what his day entails. Its bad enough he has to be away from me, but it makes it more bearable if i can share his days with him.   I know that it is not his choice to not tell me things, but literally is for the sake of his team, and the cause in Afghanistan.  You literally never know who is listening i guess.

I was perusing the New York Times to see if i could find out anything about what maybe Bo is doing....

Kabul, Afghanistan (AP) -- A roadside bomb killed four United States soldiers in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, the United States military said, the latest example of the growing strength of the insurgency there as President Obama prepares to deploy additional troops to the country

In southern Helmand Province on Monday, coalition and Afghan forces killed 16 militants when responding to gunfire from insurgents on their convoy, the United States military said in another statement...

                                                                                              In whatever action Bo sees or doesn't see, 
I guess my greatest hope is for him to find fulfillment. He joined this 
career field to help, to rescue, to go in when no one else could or would; he joined to serve. "The mission of a US AF Pararescueman is to recover downed and injured aircrew members in austere and non-permissive environments."  He is one of the most highly trained men out there. His safety is in God's hand....as is his ability to be used.  

No comments:

Post a Comment