Friday, March 21, 2014

TGIF

I was supposed to go to a girls' coffee/fellowship thing this morning. I was actually really looking forward to it all week and would have absolutely gotten my butt out of bed on my day off if Bo hadn't kept me up with our DIY Home Renovations (see last post) till after midnight and Forrest hadn't gotten me up approximately every 2 hours after that.   Finally at 7:30 am, I threw in the towel, brought him into our bed (I know, I know, I'm not supposed to do that) and admitted to myself I wasn't going to get up for coffee and fellowship like I probably should have.    

We had a glorious lazy morning in bed with our son (Bo didn't have to work today either - PURE gloriousness!) and then I made cottage cheese pancakes and now I sit here wondering what else I could possibly blog about than this relaxing, sun-filtered, hot-latte-in-hand Friday morning.  I realize no one else may care about my Friday morning, but this is my blog after all and it does say "a journal...of sorts."    So I don't even apologize.    Ok, fine... I do kinda feel bad.  Sorry to all those dutifully slaving away at "real" work right now.   I wish you could be here with me. I would even make you a latte.

My chunky monkey is snoozing away in his swing (remember, he hardly slept last night either), so I should take advantage of the glorious morning and get some weeding done. I keep holding my breath that maybe, just maybe, spring has arrived.  But then invariably we get a frost the next morning, so this is me not holding my breath any more.   Maybe my forced nonchalance will aid in holding the long tentacles of Winter at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment