Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My baby is 6 months old

I can't believe it. Six months has literally flown by. Everyone says it does, but like so many other things in life, I really have to experience it myself before I believe them.  Well. It's true.   What stands out to me about the past half a year are as follows:

  • Non-medicated LABOR.  Enough said.
  • Scrunched up little legs while sleeping on your chest.   He never does that anymore. :(
  • Pleading, pitiful prayers for just 10 more minutes of sleep
  • Realizing I was actually looking forward to those quiet, peaceful nightly feedings, where I would just stare at him in awe and feel like my heart might break in two 
  • His first milk-coma smiles I swore were real
  • Poop. So much poop.
  • The first time he threw his arm around my neck
  • Little webbed toes
  • His absolute lack of feeling any obligation to smile back at you 
  • The tremble in his bottom lip just before he sticks it out
  • The look on his face when he sees me peak over the crib
  • Nighttime dancing squats
  • Traveling by myself cross-country with a 4-mo old
  • Nuzzling his neck
  • His smell, which if I could bottle it up and sell it, I would make millions


No comments:

Post a Comment