Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh Boy

So at the very real risk of being reported to CPS and having every other much more knowledgeable and safety conscious parent judge me, I am posting this video of Forrest's newest trick. ...Done in literally the span of 30 seconds while I stepped out of the room to move along a load of laundry. And I admit it... So maybe I immediately grabbed the camera rather than my son... but I swear I'm a pretty competent parent.   Still, it's probably a good thing this blog will only be read by my nearest and dearest.

So we obviously think Forrest is advanced. I mean, I guess every parent probably thinks their child is special, but seriously -- this kid.  He's something else. He's not even 3 months old yet and I feel like the next time I turn around he'll probably be doing a cartwheel and asking for an advance on his allowance.   He's rolling over with some regularity although his absolute refusal to do so in front of the camera is a point of ongoing consternation for me.   He laughs all the time and scrunches his little chin into his chest, peeking out at you under his amazing eyelashes. His newest thing is putting his arm around your neck or over your shoulder. He nestles right into your neck and you literally feel like you might melt into a puddle of ecstasy. The other day he slung his arm around my neck, leaned back and, I swear, winked at me. I almost died.

On another note, I've gotten one week back at work under my belt.  Besides the fact that I'm wearing heels again, I don't have too much else positive to say about it.  I'll give it some time, but I'm really torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment