Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Real World Beckons

So I'm headed back to work next week.  One moment I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and putting on real clothes, and the next moment I'm fighting this panicky desperation at the thought of being away from Forrest so long.   Granted, it's only 20 hours and 3 days a week.  It can't be that bad right?   We'll see if perhaps I have more patience for work place drama than before...

So now there are all these pumping and working mom aspects I need to know.  How much milk does Forrest need for a 7-8 hour day away from me? How does my care provider not overfeed him (or underfeed him for that matter...If only he could talk, this would all be so much easier.) Am I going to need to keep increasing the amount of milk I leave with her as he gets bigger? What if I can't pump enough to keep up?  Luckily, i stumbled across WorkandPump.com which helped answer many of these. What the heck did moms (ok, people in general) do before the internet?


1 comment: